Majo Anime

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hadn't Seen to Watch All the Time

Nausicaa, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Howl, Howl's Moving CastleEver since I first watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind while visiting my friends in Australia, I have loved Miyazaki Hayao's films (with the exception of one, but I won't get into that). Now I know I haven't seen all of them and at the rate I go sometimes, I don't expect to see the ones I haven't any time soon.

But two months ago I came across the picture below. At first I just thought it was some pretty anime guy and a very detailed background and just moved on from. Still the picture stuck with me and I kept thinking about. Finally I decided to look for it again and this time find out what it was from. After looking at it a bit more, I thought it might be a Miyazaki, but I wasn't completely sure. Then I did find out that in fact it was and that it was Howl from Howl's Moving Castle.

Once this realization came to me, another one did at the same time. That I had not seen this! It was weird because I had seriously thought I had, and when faced with the truth that I hadn't I couldn't believe it.

So nearly immediately after this, I rectified the problem, and got and watched Howl's Moving Castle. I'm so glad I did. I think I watched it three times that first day. The detail is just what you'd expect from a Miyazaki film and I just adored the story. I loved it so much in fact I watched it several more times over the next few days after that first day and on top of that, put it on every night before I went to sleep. There was just something very comforting about letting it play in the background.

Even know two months later, I still just turn this on, whether to just let it play in the background while I do other stuff or simply turn it on to go to sleep to.

I think the art is absolutely beautiful. And the story is just very soothing to me.

It's something I recommend for everyone to watch, along with the other Miyazaki films.

No comments:

Post a Comment